Fishing Groups, Women’s Yoga and Art Weeks, Murder Mysteries and Culinary Weekends
Shawnee, CO (April 29, 2014) – Get out your art supplies, yoga mat and fishing gear — it’s time to head to Colorado’s dude and guest ranches for specialty weeks and late season specials! With a range of offerings, you’re bound to find a specialty week or weekend that matches your specific interest. Although not every ranch offers special weeks or weekends, many do. Each of these ranches offers something different, providing a long list of experiences for guests to choose from.
“These late season and specialty weeks and weekends add another dimension to the dude and guest ranch experience and appeal to guests who like to mix the western outdoor experience with other themed activities.” says Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch Executive Director Courtney Frazier.
Special weeks include:
- Fishing Groups: Gather best friends, family or co-workers together and head to one of Colorado’s guest ranches for some fly fishing fun. North Fork Ranch specializes in group fly fishing experiences throughout the season for both corporate fly fishing trips and family fly-fishing adventures.
- Art/Painting Workshop Weeks: Inspiration will strike with a backdrop of stunning blue skies, majestic mountains, turning leaves and wildflowers! Participate in the Art & Color Clinic week at Colorado Trails Ranch Sept 14th-21st. An adult-only week, guests will learn everything from drawing to painting from an exceptionally talented artist. Your creative juices will flow at 4UR Ranch during Quiller Watercolor Workshop May 31 – June 6, Sept 21- 27.
- Women’s Yoga Weeks: The ultimate girlfriend getaway – the Yoga & Horseback Retreat at the Home Ranch features an all-inclusive, luxurious week of health, wellness and relaxation centered on horseback riding, horsemanship instruction, gentle yoga, healthy gourmet dining, massage, and deep relaxation.
- Murder Mystery Weekends: Put your thinking cap on, it’s time to solve a mystery while enjoying all the amenities of a ranch vacation. At Sundance Trail Ranch you can spend the weekend between meals and horseback riding, untangling each others’ half-truths, evasions and high jinks. The games are designed for participants who are willing to take a whimsical view of blackmail, larceny, deceit, and murder.
- Fall Culinary Retreats/Weekends: What can be more enjoyable than getting away to a secluded mountain retreat where you enjoy five-course dinners, wine-tastings, and the opportunity to participate in hands-on cooking demonstrations with an extraordinary “farm-to-table” culinary team.
- Horsemanship Weeks: Perfect for the horse lover who wants to learn or improve their riding skills and understanding the horse psyche.
- Cattle Drives: Guests get the chance to be real cowboys and help move cattle from their winter range on the ranch to greener pastures in the mountains.
In addition, you’ll find a variety of other specialty or themed weeks at Colorado’s dude and guest ranches offer such as Art & Color Weeks, Rodeo Weeks, Weanling Weeks, Adult and Couples Weeks, Girl’s Western Week Hideout, Fall Colors Weeks, Cowgirl Camps, Jubilee Days Weeks, Cheyenne Frontier Days Weeks, and much more.
The Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch Association (CDGRA) is comprised of 26 certified ranches located throughout the mountains and mesas of Colorado. For more information and/or request your free Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch vacation guide and DVD, visit www.coloradoranch.com.