Explore the “Special” Weeks and Weekends at Colorado’s Dude & Guest Ranches
Shawnee, CO (Feb. 23, 2009) – Whether you are into horses, art, food or culture, Colorado’s 30 certified dude and guest ranches offer a variety of “special” weeks and weekends for guests to enjoy.
The “special” weeks and weekends that many of the ranches offer are especially appealing to guest who like to mix the western outdoor experience with other themed activities.” said Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch Association Marketing Director Selina Heinz.
Although not every ranch offers special weeks or weekends, many do. Each of these ranches offers something different, providing a long list of experiences for guests to choose from.
Special weeks include:
- Cattle Drives: Guests get the chance to be real cowboys and help move cattle from their winter range on the ranch to greener pastures in the mountains.
- Horsemanship Weeks: Perfect for the horse lover who wants to learn or improve their riding skills and understanding the horse psyche.
- Women’s Yoga Weeks: The week includes yoga, horses, gourmet cuisine, a massage, and relaxation. Great for girlfriend getaways!
- Native American Weeks: This week is popular with all ages and features guest historians, hands-on crafts, games, storytelling, tomahawk throwing, philosophy and more.
- Adult Only Weeks: Just like it sounds, these weeks are for adults only and no children.
- Dude Ranch Murder Mystery Weekends: Put your thinking cap on, it’s time to solve a mystery while enjoying all the amenities of a ranch vacation.
- Fall Culinary Retreats/Weekends: What can be more enjoyable than getting away to a secluded mountain retreat where you enjoy five-course dinners, wine-tastings, and the opportunity to participate in hands-on cooking demonstrations with an extraordinary “farm-to-table” culinary team.
In addition to the weeks listed above, Colorado’s dude and guest ranches offer Art & Color Weeks, Rodeo Weeks, Weanling Weeks, Couples Weeks, Fall Colors Weeks, Cowgirl Camps, Jubilee Days Weeks, Cheyenne Frontier Days Weeks, and more.
Courtney Frazier/303-859-7932, firstname.lastname@example.org