- Multi-Generational Family Adventure at Colorado’s Dude and Guest Ranches
- Discover Unexpected Indulgence at Colorado Dude and Guest Ranches
- This Summer Become a Colorado ‘Cowboy/Cowgirl’
- Ten Ways to Burn Calories While Having Fun at Colorado's Dude and Guest Ranches This Summer
- Family Fun and Adventure at Colorado's Dude and Guest Ranches
- Explore the Unexpected Side of Colorado’s Dude and Guest Ranches
- Cattle Drives and Women’s Yoga Weeks, Murder Mysteries and Culinary Weekends
- Colorado’s Dude & Guest Ranches Offer All-Inclusive Summer Fun and Value for Couples, Groups and the Whole Family!
- Travel to Colorado in June
- No Better Time than Now to Book A Dude Ranch Vacation
- Dude Ranches – The Original “Green” Vacation
Saddle Up for Your Colorado Dude Ranch Vacation.
The sense of discovery and freedom that existed in the Colorado Rocky Mountains centuries ago still lives on today.
Explore the Unexpected Side of Colorado’s Dude and Guest Ranches
Shawnee, CO (March 24, 2009) – Think a dude and guest ranch vacation is just about riding horses and eating hotdogs and beans? Think again. Although riding horses is synonymous with ranches, Colorado’s dude and guest ranches serve up a complete vacation experience that offers something for everyone.
Ten Things You May Not Know About Colorado Dude and Guest Ranches
- Something for everyone: Ranches offer everything from riding, river rafting, fishing, hiking, tennis and mountain biking to crafts, photo workshops, swimming, hay rides, skiing, sledding, and much more. All ranches offer extensive children’s programs that will keep the kid’s entertained for hours
- Accommodations range from rustic to ritzy: Whether looking for a cozy cabin to enjoy a fun family game, or a luxury mountain retreat with all the modern features of home, Colorado dude and guest ranches can accommodate all preferences.
- Outstanding home-cooked and gourmet meals: Ranch menus have expanded considerably since the days of cornbread and beans. Meals have evolved into classically trained chefs, serving gourmet dishes and healthy alternatives, alongside all the old camp classics, “never-empty” cookie jars, and bowls of fresh fruit always on hand. Some ranch ‘menus’ have even become so popular that they sell recipe books to their guests.
- Meetings and Reunions: Many ranches host corporate retreats, conventions, team building and incentive programs, as well as weddings. Depending on the ranch, groups of up to 115 can be accommodated.
- The staff is one of a kind: No where else will you feel so at home so quickly. The friendly staff members make the guest their priority every day. Guests get to know the owners and staff, often finding they have a few new friends by the end of their vacation. Guests who normally don’t go to the same place twice often find themselves returning again and again after experiencing a Colorado dude and guest ranch vacation.
- Evening Entertainment: There’s a creative side to every mountain. Live music, cowboy poets, weekly barn dances and even rich stage performances are part of the package at many ranches. TV doesn’t even come close.
- Spa Services: All of the member ranches offer a place to soak. Some have a camp hot tub and, at other ranches, each cabin has its own private hot tub. Many offer services such as massages, several have saunas, and one even has its own hot springs.
- Discounted and themed weeks: Many ranches discount the first few weeks of their season and last few weeks. Some even have some outstanding off season discounts! Many offer special themed weeks during the season such as Women’s Yoga Weeks and Culinary Weekends.
- Some ranches are open in winter: Enjoy the bounty of the Rocky Mountain winters at a handful of Colorado’s dude and guest ranches. Guests can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities many of which include a guide and equipment such as scenic backcountry ski tours, snowshoe adventures, mild naturalist tours, cross-country skiing, sleigh rides, ice skating, tubing, sledding, horseback riding, swimming, fly-fishing, and more. The holiday season offers special tree trimming and decorating parties, caroling, visits from Santa and Christmas dinners.
- Easy to get to: Colorado’s dude and guest ranches make it easy for people to access their ranches. There are many large and small airports to fly into and ranches can often help guests with shuttles or rental cars. The trip is half the fun! You really get to get a taste of the Rockies as you drive over some of the most scenic passes in the country.
The Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch Association (CDGRA) is comprised of about 30 certified ranches located throughout the mountains and mesas of Colorado that offer everything from riding, river rafting, fishing, hiking, tennis and mountain biking to crafts photo workshops, swimming, hayrides, skiing, snowshoeing and much more. Many even offer special themed weeks, and all offer extensive children’s programs that will keep the kid’s entertained for hours. For more information and/or request your free Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch vacation guide and DVD, visit www.coloradoranch.com.
PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Courtney Frazier/303-859-7932, email@example.com